Prime Minister's Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)
- PMEGP is a central sector scheme administered by the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
- At the national level, the Scheme is being implemented by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), a statutory organization under the administrative control of the Ministry of MSME as the single nodal agency.
- It is a credit-linked subsidy program.
- To generate continuous and sustainable employment opportunities in Rural and Urban areas of the country.
- To provide continuous and sustainable employment to a large segment of traditional and prospective artisans, rural and urban unemployed youth in the country through the setting up of micro-enterprises.
- To facilitate the participation of financial institutions for higher credit flow to the micro sector.
- Individuals above 18 years of age.
- VIII Std. pass required for the project above Rs.10.00 lakhs in manufacturing and above Rs. 5.00 lakhs for Service Sector.
- Self Help Groups and Charitable Trusts.
- Institutions Registered under Societies Registration Act- 1860.
- Production-based Co-operative Societies.