UPSC CSE Preparation Strategy for Beginners with ACube IAS
Civil Services Examination is a big opportunity for those who wants to contribute in shaping the future of our nation. It opens door to big prospects. But as a matter of fact, many youngsters who appear in Civil Services Examination lacks in acquiring knowledge about the examination. The vagueness in their preparation often leads to disappointment at the end.
It is crucial to be ambitious and passionate about your dreams but that alone is not enough to get into the civil services. You have chosen an examination that requires persistence, strategy, and smart work. It is an exam-plan that involves multi-stage program and diverse skill sets to counter challenges of each stage of the examination.
So, before you start your preparation for the Civil Services Examination, you need few reasons to support your decisions –
- Have you understood the complete Exam-Plan and related requirements at each stage of the examination?
- Are you aware about the level of the examination and intricacies involved?
- Have you undertaken self-assessment? Are you clear that this examination has certain standard and the task you are taking in hand requires unconditional commitment?
- Have you fixed a timeframe for your endeavour? As success in uncertain due to stiff competition, one shouldn’t appear in Civil Services Examination without planning.
- Do you have strong will power, persistence and patience? Not all are fortunate to get success in the first attempt. One must have endurance to fight back after the failed attempt.
- Do you have a back-up plan ready? In case, you didn’t succeed in CSE, you must have some back-up career that takes care of your living and give you a new direction.
Furthermore, one can get inspired or motivated with other the success stories of other students but it’s important to understand that every aspirant goes through a different journey. One must understand the challenges, difficulties, and strategies on followed to clear CSE. Also spot similarities and get some insights that can help you plan your activities and face the challenge this exam throws.
While choosing optional subject, you must not follow the herd-mentality rather find out your interest areas and subjects. One must pick the optional subject with utmost surety as the end success depends on it.
So, big opportunity awaits you. It is time to concentrate on the exam related requirements and prepare effectively for the Prelims as well as the Mains of Civil Services Examination. You have to make the best use of the time. A well-planned and focused approach with an emphasis on execution will help you to crack the Civil Services Examination.