Date : 15 Jan 2022
27th edition of National Conference of Sahodaya School ComplexesTags :
Why in News?
- The Central Board of School Education, CBSE has announced holding of 27th edition of the National Conference of Sahodaya School Complexes on 17th and 18th January.
- The Sahodaya Samiti, Gwalior will be organising the Conference under the aegis of CBSE in an online mode on the theme ‘Punarnava - Rediscovery of India @ 75, celebrating 75 years of India’s independence.
About Sahodaya School Complexes
- Through the idea of Sahodaya Schools complexes was first mooted by the Education Commission,1966. It was the National policy on Education, 1966 which reiterated in strong words the need for promoting school complexes for meeting the quality of education.
- The idea of Sahodaya School Complexes was further concretised when CBSE, jointly with NPSC, organized a two-day conference of school principals and teachers in Delhi in October 1986.
- The year 1987 saw a further boost to the idea of setting up of Sahodaya School Complexes (es) when CBSE in pursuance of the National Policy of Education, 1986 used a booklet titled “Implementation of National policy on Education in CBSE affiliated Schools-Programme of Action for three years” which reiterated school complexes and resolved to encourage the process of setting of Sahodaya School Complexes.
- In other words, as 'Sahodaya' signifies rising together, it identified six areas, to begin with, for collaboration amongst schools of its complex:
- Educative Management
- Human Resource Mobilization
- Professional Growth of Teachers
- Value-Oriented School Climate
- Vocationalisation of Education.
- Through positive promotional efforts, the Board has helped schools come together and form an interactive and sharing relationship. At present, there are 260 such complexes which are active throughout the country, and share and care for each other; particularly those which are in close physical proximity.