Date : 27 Jan 2022
73rd Republic Day Celebrated with Gaiety and EnthusiasmTags :
73rd Republic Day - A day to commit oneself to the service of the nation
- On 26th January 2022, the 73rd Republic Day was celebrated with gaiety and enthusiasm.
- The main function was held at Rajpath in the National Capital where President Ram Nath Kovind took the salute of the parade presented by Ceremonial Battery of 871 Field Regiment.
- On the occasion, Jammu and Kashmir Police ASI Babu Ram was conferred with Ashok Chakra posthumously for displaying valour and courage during an anti-terror operation in 2020 in Srinagar in which he killed three terrorists.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the National War Memorial where he led the nation in paying solemn tributes to the fallen heroes by laying a wreath.
- Special arrangements were made to give an opportunity to those segments of society which usually do not get to watch the parade. Some sections of auto-rickshaw drivers, construction workers, safai karamcharis and frontline health workers were invited to watch the Republic Day Parade.
- India’s military might, cultural diversity, social and economic progress were on full display in the Republic Day parade.
- There were a total of 16 marching contingents in the Parade.
- Lieutenant Manisha Vohra leading the Army Ordnance Corps Contingent was a sight to behold. She is the first woman to lead the all-male Army Ordnance Corps contingent.
- Adding more colour to the celebrations were the 12 Tableaux from different Sates, Union Territories and 9 from Ministries and Departments.
- The tableau of Haryana had the theme - Number One in Sports!
- Besides, 480 dancers were selected through Vande Bharatam dance competition performed at Rajpath.
- Flypast, which is the most awaited segment, had 75 aircraft and helicopters of Indian Air Force.
- The Ceremony culminated with the National Anthem and release of Tricolour Balloons.