Date : 12 Jan 2022
Artificial Intelligence-driven Start-Up for Water PurificationTags :
Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nanotechnology, biotechnology and issues relating to intellectual property rights
Why in News?
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh launched Artificial Intelligence-driven Start-Up by IIT alumni for water purification through innovative technology.
- The facility aims to provide clean drinking water at a price much lesser than the market price.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Minister said, the Artificial Intelligence-driven Start-Up initiative should be motivating for other Start-Ups as well.
- He said, apart from the Centre’s initiatives like National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP) and Jal Jeevan Mission, Private Sector should come forward in a big way with state of the art tech solutions to cover nearly 14 Crore households where clean drinking water is yet to reach.
- A MoU was also signed between Technology Development Board (TDB), a statutory body of Department of Science & Technology, Government of India and M/s Swajal Water Private Limited, a tech Start Up company founded by ex-IITians based in Gurugram.
- The company is focused on innovative technologies to make reliable clean drinking water accessible to communities at affordable price, for their project on IoT enabled point of use Solar Water Purification Unit for slums, villages and High Utility Areas.
- The company’s patented system, ‘Clairvoyant’ uses artificial intelligence to optimise purification systems and predict future breakdowns. Thus, allowing it to remotely manage, update, and repair each system in real time.
- They have also developed clean drinking water solutions in the form of Water ATMS, which combines Internet of Things technology with solar energy to provide clean drinking water.