Date : 24 Dec 2021
'ASIGMA' - Army Secure Indigenous Messaging ApplicationTags :
Why in News?
- Indian Army has launched a contemporary messaging application named ASIGMA.
- ASIGMA stands for Army Secure Indigenous Messaging Application.
- It is a new generation, state-of-the-art, web-based application developed entirely in-house by a team of officers of the Corps of Signals of the Army.
- The application is being deployed on the Army’s internal network as a replacement of the Army Wide Area Network messaging application which has been in service for past the 15 years.
- The application has been fielded on Army-owned hardware. It meets all futuristic user requirements and provides an enhanced user experience. It has a variety of contemporary features including multi-level security, message prioritization, and tracking.
- This future-ready messaging application will meet the real-time data transfer and messaging requirements of the Army, especially in the backdrop of the current geo-political-security environment.
- It is in line with the Government's Make in India initiative.