Date : 06 Mar 2022
Focus on Sustainable Environment that Supports Vision of Circular EconomyTags :
Why in News?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi after laying the foundation stone of rejuvenation and pollution abatement of Mula-Mutha River projects in Pune, Maharashtra said, the country must focus on developing sustainable environment that supports the vision of circular economy, promotes Waste to Wealth and encourages green development.
- He said, every city should have a modern waste management system to strengthen the circular economy and there should be modern sewage treatment plants to make every city water plus.
- Mula-Mutha River Rejuvenation will be done in 9 Kilometre stretch of the river at a project cost of more than one thousand 80 crore rupees. It will involve works such as river edge protection, interceptor sewage network, public amenities, boating activity etc.
- Mula-Mutha River pollution abatement project will be implemented on the concept of One City One Operator at a cost of over one thousand 470 crore rupees.
- A total of 11 sewage treatment plants will be constructed under the project, with a combined capacity of around 400 million litres per day MLD.