Date : 08 Feb 2022
Growth of Digital Healthcare InitiativesTags :
Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nanotechnology, biotechnology and issues relating to intellectual property rights
Why in News?
- The potential of Digital Health for strengthening of healthcare delivery system across the country has been recognized and various schemes/programmes have initiated for implementation of digital health initiative.
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission has been launched to create an enabling environment for implementation of digital health technologies in health domain.
- Health ID,
- Health Professional Registry (HPR),
- Health Facility Registry (HFR)
- Along with the digital infrastructure for data exchange have been developed. The digital health ecosystem established under ABDM supports seamless exchange of data across primary, secondary, and tertiary facilities to ensure continuum of care.
- Citizens is benefitted with lower out of pocket expenditure, reduced repeat testing, precision medicine, customized treatment plans, and quality of service across spectrum.
- e-Sanjeevani telemedicine platform has also been implemented to provide free of cost teleconsultation services to citizens for COVID as well as Non-COVID ailments.
- It is operational in 36 States/UTs & provides doctors/specialist medical services to citizens through online consultation mode from the comfort of their homes besides consultations through hub & spoke model in Health & Wellness Centres(HWCs).