Date : 16 Jan 2022
India@2047 would become World's Technological, Economic PowerhouseTags :
Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization, of resources, growth, development, and employment
Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
Why in News?
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh said that India @2047 would have evolved beyond imagination. He said not only things are moving fast, but the pace of this forward movement is much faster than ever before.
- He said, several initiatives, policies, schemes and programmes during the last 7 years have given rise to a new era, in what has been described as the dawn of New India, and the emergence of Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
- He was chairing the first ever meeting of Sectoral Experts to deliberate on Vision India @2047 from the Governance perspective, organised by Department of Administrative Reforms.
- He said, adopting 21st century management practices represents a significant challenge for Government and it is with this objective that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has embarked on the ambitious Vision India@2047 initiative.
- Initiatives like One Nation One Ration Card, e-Office, CPGRAMS, Passport SevaKendras, e-Hospital reflect ‘Building to scale Building to last’ approach
- India’s ‘CAN DO’ generation can achieve every goal imaginable and will propel India to top global slot in 2047.
- The Minister said that when independent India turns 100, it will be the world's Technological and Economic powerhouse.