Date : 13 Jan 2022
INVESTOR EDUCATION AND PROTECTION FUND AUTHORITY (IEPFA)Tags :
Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization, of resources, growth, development, and employment
Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
Why in News?
- Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA) signs MoU with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) for promoting Investor Education and Financial literacy among youth through Gyan Darshan Channel.
- The objective for signing the MoU is to achieve the mandate of Investor Education, Awareness and Protection by utilizing the tele-lecturing facility of Gyan Darshan Channel.
- This association with IGNOU/Gyan Darshan channel will help in propagating the message of Investor Education and Awareness among a large group of present and prospective stakeholders.
- The panel of resource persons for the lecture series would include experts from professional institutions such as ICAI, ICSI & Senior officials from IEPFA, Ministry of Corporate Affairs and other regulators.
- The proposed lecture series of 75 episodes will be live tele-lecturing series on 24x7 Gyan Darshan TV channel
- Both IEPFA & IGNOU have the common objective of imparting education and making people aware about subjects affecting their lives. IEPFA intends to create awareness among all the stakeholder groups and specially the youth
A little about IEPFA
- Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA) works under the administrative control of Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- IEPFA has been established under Section 125 of the Companies Act 2013 for administration of the IEPF fund as per section 125 (3) of Companies Act 2013.
- The main objective of the authority includes to promote Investor Education, Awareness & Protection, refund unclaimed shares, dividends and other amounts transferred to it under sections 124 and 125 of the Companies Act 2013 to the rightful claimants.