Date : 03 Oct 2021
JAL JEEVAN MISSION APP LaunchedTags :
JAL JEEVAN MISSION
- Five crore households had been provided with water connections since the launch of the Jal Jeevan Mission in 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said while interacting with gram panchayats and village water and sanitation committees (VWSC)/ Pani Samitis on the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- He also added that tap water was now reaching every household in about 1.25 lakh villages in about 80 districts of the country. In the aspirational districts, the number of tap connections had increased from 31 lakh to 1.16 crore.
- The Prime Minister also launched the Jal Jeevan Mission app for improving awareness among stakeholders and for greater transparency and accountability of schemes under the mission.
- He also launched the Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh, where any individual, institution or philanthropist, be it in India or abroad, can contribute to help provide tap water connection in every rural household, school, anganwadi centre, ashramshala, and other public institutions.
- On 15th August, 2019, Prime Minister announced the Jal Jeevan Mission to provide clean tap water to every household. Following ‘bottom up’ approach, Jal Jeevan Mission is implemented in partnership with States with a budget of Rs. 3.60 lakh Crores.
- Pani Samitis play a key role in planning, implementation, management, operation and maintenance of village water supply systems, thereby providing clean tap water to every household on a regular and long-term basis.