Date : 05 Mar 2022
Modernization Scheme to Equip Central Armed Police Forces with Modern State-of-the-Art Weapons, EquipmentTags :
Why in News?
- Centre has approved the Modernisation Plan-IV scheme for Central Armed Police Forces.
- It will equip the forces with modern state-of-the-art weapons and equipment as per their operational requirement, keeping in view their deployment pattern in different theatres. Besides, upgraded IT solutions will also be provided to them.
- The scheme is to be implemented by the Home Ministry from February 2022 to March 2026.
- The implementation of the scheme will equip Central Armed Police Forces to improve the overall operational efficiency and preparedness which will positively impact the internal security scenario in the country.
- This will bolster the government’s ability to address the challenges being faced on the International Border as well as in the different theatres including areas affected by Left Wing Extremism and in Jammu and Kashmir and insurgency affected North Eastern States.