Date : 13 Jan 2022
MSME Technology Centre at PuducherryTags :
Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization, of resources, growth, development, and employment
Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
Why in News?
- On 12th Janaury 2022, Prime Minister inaugurated a Technology Centre of the MSME Ministry, established at Puducherry, on the occasion of National youth day.
- This MSME Technology Centre will boost skill development and inculcate entrepreneurial spirit among the youth of the region.
- This World Class Technology Centre set up with an investment of about Rs. 122 crore is spread across 10 acres, will train 20,000 youth, support 2000 MSMEs and incubate 200 Start Ups, thereby propelling the local economy to great heights.
- The Technology Centres across the country developed under the flagship Technology Centre Systems Program are supporting existing and prospective MSMEs by developing production facilities, manpower, providing consultancy and developing competitive edge through adoption of best practices.
- The MSME Ministry through its various initiatives and programs is revving up the sector to achieve inclusive growth, provide sustainable employment opportunities and thereby attain the Prime Minister’s vision of Atma Nirbhar Bharat.