Date : 26 Jan 2022
National Level Conference on Beekeeping SectorTags :
Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
Why in News?
- National Bee Board (NBB) organized a National Conference on Beekeeping Sector in collaboration with National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd. (NAFED), Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED) & National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) on 24.01.2022.
- More than 600 participants from Government as well as the private sector, State Agricultural Universities (SAUs)/ Central Agricultural Universities (CAUs), Beekeepers and other stakeholders involved in beekeeping occupation, etc. attended the conference.
- The implementation of NBHM will be proven a huge step in achieving the “Sweet Revolution” in the country.
- NBHM will help in filling gaps in infrastructural facilities for honey and linking marginal beekeepers in an organized way for dealing with adulteration in honey.
- NBB has launched Madhukranti Portal for traceability of honey & other beehive products viz.; bee pollen, bee wax, bee venom, propolis, etc.
- NBHM has the aim to create a network of honey testing labs covering all parts of the country and for this 100 FPOs of beekeepers will be proved as the center.
- To increase the income of beekeepers, it is advisable that along with the production of honey, other beehive products viz.; royal jelly, bee pollen, bee wax, bee venom, propolis, etc. should also be produced.
- NAFED is creating 65 clusters/ Farmers Producers Organisations (FPOs) of beekeepers/ Honey Processors.
- These 65 FPOs will be part of the honey corridor linking northwest to north-eastern regions.
- NAFED is aiming at bringing all these 65 FPOs associated with honey production for creating requisite infrastructure under the National Beekeeping and Honey Mission.