Date : 23 Jan 2022
PM interacts with DMs of various districts on the implementation of key government schemesTags :
Why in News?
- On 23rd January 2022, the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi interacted with DMs of various districts on the implementation of key government schemes via video conference.
- The DMs shared their experience which has led to improvement of performance of their districts on a host of indicators.
- The Prime Minister sought direct feedback from them about the key steps taken by them which has resulted in success in the districts, and about the challenges faced by them in this endeavour.
- He also asked them about how working under the aspirational districts programme has been different from their work done earlier.
- PM Modi said that aspirational districts are eliminating the barriers to the progress of the country and history is being made in these districts.
- He said that these districts are now becoming accelerators of growth with their efforts. He highlighted that convergence is a major reason for the success being seen in the aspirational districts.
- A direct connect between the administration and the public is important for development in aspirational districts.
- He stressed that technology and innovation are important aspects of this campaign. He said that in the last four years, there has been a four to five times increase in Jan Dhan accounts in almost every aspirational district of the country.
- He said that almost every family now has a toilet, and electricity has reached every village.
- The country is witnessing a silent revolution in the form of Digital India. He said, no district should be left behind in this.
- The Prime Minister stated that aspirational districts have proved that optimum utilization of resources can take place when silos are eliminated during implementation. He said, the aim is hundred percent saturation of services and facilities.
News analysis and how some of such topics are important from Exam Viewpoint