Date : 23 Jan 2022
Role of Bengal in the Freedom Movement of India under Dekho Apna Desh seriesTags :
The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors/contributions from different parts of the country
Why in News?
- The Ministry of Tourism in collaboration with the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) held a webinar on 22nd January 2022 on “Role of Bengal in the Freedom Movement of India”
- It was 6th episode of the series out of a series of 12 episodes that was launched on 14th August 2021 to take the participants on a virtual journey of Incredible India.
- The saga of valour of Great Indian Freedom Fighters from Bengal was presented who sacrificed their lives for the freedom of India. The Great People who defended and fought for the freedom of country from the Colonial Rules therefore are our real time heroes.
- The stories of sacrifices made by the great people from Bengal like Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Sri Aurobindo Gosh, Khudiram Bose, Prafulla Chaki, Gurudev Rabindra Nath Tagore, Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and many more were shared for their enormous contribution and sacrifices in the freedom struggle of India.
- The incredible women freedom fighters from Bengal who have a significant contribution in the freedom struggle of the country such as Bina Das Ji, Kamala Das Gupta Ji , Sarojini Naidu Ji, Sucheta Kriplani Ji and many more were highlighted.
- In order to commemorate the 125th birth anniversary of the great freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and as part of the year-long celebrations, the Government has decided to install a grand statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose at India Gate, New Delhi.
News analysis and how some of such topics are important from Exam Viewpoint
Hawk's Eye View
Hawk's Eye View