Date : 12 Jan 2022
Smart Cities, Smart UrbanizationTags :
Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies
Why in News?
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs is organizing a series of 30 events under the clarion call of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav by Prime Minister to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Independence.
- The events will culminate in a grand finale of ‘Smart Cities, Smart Urbanization’ conference, wherein 6 main events will be organized in Surat tentatively on the 4th and 5th of February, 2022.
- Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations were inaugurated by our Prime Minister in March last year which marked a 75-week countdown to the 75th Anniversary of India's independence in August this year.
- A formal release of an illustrated brochure themed ‘Smart Cities, Smart Urbanization’ was done by Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri virtually today.
- He said that it is befitting that the entire country has come together to celebrate Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- He added that only 17 percent of Indians lived in urban areas at the time of independence and this percentage has more than doubled now.
- He said government is committed to provide first-grade living spaces to its citizens.