Date : 22 Dec 2021
Surface-to-Surface Missile ‘Pralay’ LaunchedTags :
Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nanotechnology, biotechnology and issues relating to intellectual property rights
Why in News?
- On December 22, 2021, DRDO conducted maiden launch of indigenously developed new generation surface-to-surface missile ‘Pralay’
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully conducted maiden flight test of indigenously developed surface-to-surface missile ‘Pralay’, from Dr A P J Abdul Kalam Island off the coast of Odisha.
- The new missile followed the desired quasi ballistic trajectory and reached the designated target with high degree accuracy, validating the control, guidance and mission algorithms.
- The mission met all its objectives and all the sub-systems performed satisfactorily.
- All the sensors deployed near the impact point across the eastern coast, including the down range ships, tracked the missile trajectory and captured all the events.
- The Missile is powered with solid propellant rocket motor and many new technologies.
- The missile has a range of 150-500 kilometre and can be launched from a mobile launcher.
- The missile guidance system includes state-of-the-art navigation system and integrated avionics.