Date : 21 Jan 2022
TCIL Launches First e-Vehicle Charging StationTags :
Why in News?
- Telecommunications Consultants India Limited (TCIL), a Mini Ratna Category-1 Status Company under the Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications, with support of SDMC launched first e-vehicle charging station in South Delhi area at South Extn. Part I on 20.01.2022.
- This e-vehicle charging station is first one in series of 65 e-charging stations to be setup by TCIL in progressive manner in next four months in South Delhi area within easy reach of citizens of Delhi.
- Each charging station can charge 6 Two/Three/ Four wheeler vehicle at a time.
- The charging stations are equipped with CCTV surveillance & Wi-fi facility for use by common public.
- It is also powered by a 6 kW solar panel.
- The e-vehicle charging station will help in popularizing use of e-vehicle and in reducing pollution in metro city of Delhi.
- TCIL established in August, 1978, is a Mini Ratna Category-1 Status Company under the Ministry of Communications, Department of Telecommunications.
- Govt. of India holds 100% of its share capital.
- TCIL undertakes projects in all fields of Telecommunications, IT and Civil construction in India and abroad.
- TCIL has executed projects in over 80 countries across globe. Overseas operations of the company are in Kuwait, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Mauritius, Nepal etc. in addition to Pan Africa e-Vidya Bharti & Arogya Bharti Network project operating in more than 15 African countries and more African Countries are likely to join.
- The company is also executing high value Govt. of India prestigious projects of Rural ICT for Department of Post, Defence, Navy OFC projects, APSFL, Telengana Fiber, BBNL VSAT and Eklavya School.
News analysis and how some of such topics are important from Exam Viewpoint
Hawk's Eye View
Hawk's Eye View