Date : 27 Jan 2022
WESTERN NAVAL COMMAND CONDUCTS JOINT MARITIME EXERCISE: PASCHIM LEHARTags :
Why in Ners?
- A joint maritime exercise Paschim Lehar (XPL-2022) conducted by the Indian Navy off the West Coast was concluded on 25 January 2022.
- The exercise was conducted over a duration of 20 days with an objective to validate operational plans of the Western Naval Command and enhance Inter-Service synergy among the Indian Navy, IAF, Indian Army and Coast Guard.
- The exercise was conducted under the aegis of FOC-in-C, Western Naval Command.
- The intra-theatre exercise included mobilisation and participation of over 40 ships and submarines of the Indian Navy.
- A variety of weapon firings in a realistic tactical scenario, besides validation of operational missions and tasks under varying settings, were undertaken during the exercise.
- The exercise provided all participating forces an opportunity to operate together under realistic conditions, in responding to contemporary maritime challenges, across the areas of the Command’s responsibility.